Thursday, March 5, 2009

Surgery update







It has been an interesting 2 weeks! I have been waited on hand and foot. It is so wierd. The first week I was really out of it and slept most of the time. Then the second week I was able to move around a little more and had a lot less pain. So I started taking less pain pills and I was more with it. And on tuesday I got to go to the doctor and take off my bandages to see what everything looked like under them. Yuck! I didn't know that I was going to have so many incisions. I have 8 on my right leg and 2 on my left. The doctor took all of the stiches out, gave me a boot and told me I could start walking! I am so scared to put some weight on it. My muscles are so tight and if feels so different. But I am excited to start walking. I walk around with a walker right now and it is pretty funny. I feel like an old person. But eventually I will get back to normal. I just wish that I could drive!! But I want to thank everybody that came and visited me and brought me yummy food and flowers. You are all so sweet!But I especially need to thank my mom and Colin. They have been doing all of the hard work and putting up with me and taking care of the kids 24/7. Colin has made all of Connor's school lunches and has gotten him to the bus on time everyday for school. I love you guys so much! I am going to post some pics of my legs if you can't stand stitches don't look! And my knees and legs are soooo swollen!!

1 comments:

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

Wow that was quite the surgery! I'm glad things went well and that you are in the recovery phase! You will be good as new... just in time for summer!